What is the Basic DIY Design Package?
Our Basic DIY Design Package provides a conceptual design for you to use as a "recipe" to pull together a beautiful and cohesive space on your own. This package allows you to enter into a "light" version of our exclusive Luxury DIY Design Package, providing you with the core foundational elements necessary to create that dream look you're after.
Approach your DIY Project with confidence with the help of our incredibly talented design team!
*Prices are per space. Bundle three or more spaces for a custom "package" price.
** Smaller spaces such as powder rooms, foyers, laundry rooms, etc will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Is Basic DIY Design Right for Me?
• I'm not crazy about the details, I just want my space done.
• I don't have a design bone in my body and I need help.
• I'm not great at making decisions and prefer someone to tell me what to do and what to buy.
• I have time to shop and source furnishings and decor on my own.
• I love the SBI style, I just need a simple plan to follow in my home.
If you answered "yes" at least three of the questions above, Basic DIY Design is a great fit for you!
Accurate Measurements: Accurate measurements of your space taken by our design team. (If this package is purchased remotely, we may ask that you provide measurements for us.)
Trade Day: We'll pull in our best tradesmen and women to get their input on any design ideas that involve construction, repair, etc. We'll consult with them to get their professional opinion on the cost and scope associated with the work
Floor Plan to Scale: We will determine the best and most functional Floor Plan, designed by our team of experienced designers who know and understand the way you you want to live in your space (two options maximum).
Custom Color Story: A Color Story (or palette) for your space, using our 60-30-10 rule. We'll tell you how much of specific colors or tones you should use to create a cohesive look and feel.
Complete Lighting Plan: We'll consider the functionality and mood of your space and create a lighting plan for you. From floor lamps, to chandeliers, we'll plan it all for you.
Conceptual Style and Accessory Plan: We'll include light accessory/styling elements in your rendering, but we'll also include a "conceptual/inspiration" board of what we think you'll need complete and style the space on your own.
Detailed Renderings: A complete, to-scale, detailed, visual representation of the space pulled together in a cohesive design including furnishings, Lighting, Window Treatments, etc. We will provide a maximum of two detailed renderings per project.
Design Plan Specifications: We'll share detailed descriptions of the furnishings we'd like you to source for the space including measurements, fabric options, arm style, cushion options, etc.
Furniture Sourcing Plan: We'll source you with furnishings from our best and most trusted vendors. We can source retail options, but often cannot attest to their quality or craftsmanship.
Comprehensive Budget: We will pull together and break down all costs associated with the level of design we are presenting you. This includes construction pricing from our "Trade Day" vendors, as well as pricing for home furnishings and decor for the space.
Local Resource List: If you need a resource to execute part of our design plan, we'll connect you with that individual or business so you don't have to find for someone on your own.
Complete Design Presentation: Summer will present your entire Design Plan to you in the comfort of your own home, answering any questions you may have about the project. We will also send you a digital copy of your Luxury DIY Design Plan.
Design Plan Approval: You will approve the design plan so that we can move into the next phase of the design process. If you'd like to make modifications or changes, we'd do so here and now. Payment for furnishings and materials is due upon Design Plan approval.
Order and Procure Furnishings and Products: The SBI team will place the order for all furnishings and products on our client's behalf. We will hold all products in our warehouse until the final install day.
Detailed Schedule Creation and Installation: Once furnishings have been ordered, a project schedule will be put into place to map out all elements of the design from this point forward.
Construction and Renovation Management: Our team will manage and schedule all construction and renovation work that will be done on the job site to ensure we stay on our timeline.
Organized Logistics Tracking: SBI will order, track, receive and store all furnishings and product until Installation day.
Project Troubleshooting and Problem Solving: If items are lost or damaged, we will handle and troubleshoot these problems as they arise.
Style Plan Creation and Presentation: In the early stages of the Design Process, the Style Plan is conceptual. We will create a more concrete Style Plan to review with you as we get closer to the install day.
Reveal Day Preparations: Installing, styling and accessorizing a space in one day requires a tremendous amount of planning and attention to detail. It will take us several days to pack and prepare for your big reveal.
Organized Logistics Planning and Troubleshooting: We'll make sure everything is where it's supposed to. If it's not, we'll find the pieces and fix the problems.
Delivery, Installation and Reveal Day: For a successful "Install Day" to run smoothly, we will require that many people be "hands on" and present in your project on this day. Our team will coordinate our trusted team of movers, installers and other design professionals to help us get the job done.
Media Day: A couple of days after your reveal day, we'll schedule a time to bring in our photographer to "shoot" your space. These shots will be used for marketing, our website, social media and magazine/media publications.
Final Walk Through: As you live in the space for a few days, we'll ask that you take note of any flaws, damages, or concerns you have on a "punch list". We will communicate with you and schedule a final walkthrough of the space and bring the professionals necessary to address your punch list.
Please reach out to us if you need clarity or have any additional questions about our Luxury Full Service Design Packages
What to Expect from our Basic DIY Design Package
• Accurate Measurements of the Space
• Detailed Floor Plan to Scale
• Custom Color Story for the Space
• Basic Lighting and Accessory Concept
• DIY Design Plan Conceptual Rendering
• Detailed Design Plan Specifications
• Comprehensive Budget Estimate
• Local Resource List
• Basic DIY Design Bundle
**To learn more about each of these incredibly valuable deliverables, see our "Package Glossary" at the end of the page.
Our Basic DIY Design Process:
1. After having a "Discovery Call" and "Initial Consultation" with us, you can purchase and begin the Luxury DIY Process. First, we will set up an appointment for Summer to take formal measurements of the space in your home. During this appointment, we will also have a design meeting to confirm the budget, design style and functionality of the space. Due to the nature of this design package, it is highly recommended that all adult parties involved in the project are present during this meeting.
2. After measurements are taken and we've met with you, Summer will spend 3-4 weeks customizing the perfect DIY Design Concept for you and your family. Our team will diligently work on your behalf reviewing your specifications, style ideas, design goals and discuss any foreseeable obstacles we will face so that we can fully encompass the scope of the job in as much detail as possible.
3. When our Design Plan is complete, we will notify you via email and ship your detailed DIY Design Plan to you in the mail. We'll include as much detail as possible so that we can pass the design baton to you to execute the furniture purchasing, installation, project management and styling of the space.
4. After we've presented your design, you'll have the ability to follow-up with us over one email to answer any questions you have about your Design Plan. We will also make one revision to our floor plan and rendering(s) if you wish to see something laid out differently.
Our straightforward Basic DIY Design process will provide you the detailed vision and framework to create the dream space you've always wanted.